Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED)
Colham Manor Primary is an inclusive school where all are welcome. We celebrate diversity and champion equality. Everybody who enters our school is expected behave in a way which respects the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010.
Public bodies, including local-authority-maintained schools, are covered by the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010 and the Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties) Regulations 2011.
At Colham Manor Primary School, we take this obligation very seriously and ensure that all our pupils can take part as fully as possible in every aspect of school life. We identify any barriers to learning that pupils may have and then work to overcome these so that each child can fulfil their potential.
We strive to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
Colham Manor Primary School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community. To achieve this, our equality objectives 2021 - 2025 are as follows:
- To raise awareness of equality & diversity
- Ensure that the school promotes role models and heroes that young people positively identify with, who reflect and broaden the school’s diversity in terms of race, gender and disability etc
- Ensure tolerance and respect towards individuals who identify with any of the protected characteristics
- Promote ‘Learning Without Limits’ for all by ensuring that nobody is disadvantaged by any of the protected characteristics